Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chinese Spaghetti a Big Hit



I was calling Dad to wish him a happy "Respect for the Aged Day" yesterday and I made the smart decision to ask his infinite wisdom for a dinner suggestion. I said I had chicken in the fridge and he said, "Stir fry!" Every container of rice that I have opened, since we've been back in Arizona, has been bad. So, I said, "We don't have any rice." He said, "Well, do you have spaghetti? You can make it like Lo Mein." Well, great idea Dad! :) I cut the chicken up into chunks, cooked them in a little olive oil, added broccoli, carrots, sweet and sour sauce and let them cook. At the end I added a can of Mandarin oranges and cooked spaghetti, it would have been better with pineapple, but we didn't have any. Everybody liked it. Yippee for Dad, I have so much respect for him! :)

No comments: