Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2008

Butterflies in Belize




I know I'm all mixed up and out of order, but I keep looking at pictures and thinking of more things I want to say. The hurricane didn't affect us at all, the water was smooth sailing. However, we did do some of the islands out of order to accommodate ships that were affected by the hurricanes. Had we made it on the original ship, we would have missed one island and had an extra day at sea. I forgot to mention what the rain forest ladies fed the butterflies. They mash up rotten fruit and cover it with honey and beer! No wonder I couldn't get many good pictures, the butterflies were all flying around drunk! This purple flower had a unique smell. The butterflies love it. It's kind of a vanilla/chocolate scent. I was tempted to take a bite, but I controlled myself. :) As you can see, the colors are very vivid, it's like Heavenly Father was using Sharpie markers instead of crayons here.

1 comment:

Krystle Ricks said...

Who watched your kids for the cruise??? You are so lucky!!!