Search This Blog

Friday, March 20, 2009

My Favorite Pastime


My kids think feeding Helen is my job, so I decided to measure how much time I actually spend "working." I was shocked to realize that I do spend about six hours a day feeding her! She eats so slowly that I thought maybe I should try using a faster nipple, but then formula dripped all over her chin, worse than with the slow flow, so I'm sticking with the slow flow and making sure I have a good book to read or something to watch while endlessly feeding her. I'm going to try rice cereal again next week. So far she eats just like Sariah did, I put some food in her mouth and she pushes it all back out with her tongue. Although Helen has added a nice gagging sound to the whole game. :) She is in the 90th percentile for weight, so I guess I'm doing a fine job, maybe I'm overachieving even, because she certainly isn't in the 90th percentile for height. Emily is my only overachiever for height!

No comments: